Thursday, March 15, 2012

Solvang California Review


Solvang California is the cutest little Dutch town! Solvang was founded in in 1911. It’s past the business of Los Angelus. I have only been there once but I’m going back again. I travel a lot around California and this is a place to see. There always have different festivals and shows to see.

There are so many stores! Jewelry, dress, antique, book, toy, perfume even sewing stores. I haven't even named half of them. You can have a lot of fun shopping there.:] The food is great, I loved there Pancakes at a restaurant called Paula's Pancakes and I don't like breakfast so I was really happy that I did here. If you don't feel like breakfast I really liked The Mustard Seed Cafe they have amazing open face sandwiches.

Besides food and shopping Solvang has great history. They have the Santa Ines mission has been there since 1804. It's beautiful once you walk outside in the courtyard you see huge green rolling hills it's gorgeous. Another piece of history in Solvang is the Elverhoj Museum of history and art, it shows the history of Solvang and the house. The museum is an old house that was owned by a artistic family that showed there designs throughout the house. It was really cool and interesting.

There is only a few cons I could say. It does get crowded. The dutch town is pretty small. There is not to many places to stay. The worst part is that everything closes at around 6 o'clock I was like What!?! and I eat pretty late so it was hard to find a place to eat dinner. All in all it's really nice I could walk around for hours even if it's small and the history is really interesting. I would recommend to coming here. Here's the site for Solvang.

Photo by: NAKIzm



No comments:

Post a Comment