Saturday, May 12, 2012

Underage Drinking Is Idiotic

By MZM-Photo
Recently in my English class my teacher brought up an article about lowering the drinking age from 21 to18. A lot of people are on both sides, but I am against it.

There are a lot of reasons why I'm totally irritated about this subject. About 99% of my English class agrees with me, that the drinking age should NOT be lowered.

In the article, it shows both sides of the argument and I will admit both sides do have great pieces to argue off of, but personally, only one side has more to it then the other.

Anyhow, my opinion is that the drinking age should actually be raised! Yes, I know, you're probably thinking why the hell should it be raised?! But think about it, how many people between the ages 18 and 21, do you know that are responsible and make GOOD decisions??

Exactly my point! NO ONE at that age can make good judgments!

Not only that, but at 18 you can start driving so why give teenagers BOTH the right to drive AND not only that but DRINK??!! It's basically telling them it's totally fine to drink and drive and more likely to kill people!

Actaully, when when the drinking age is at 21, it's been fine so why change it when not only does it save over "800 lives a year" from drunk drivers, but it also helps make sure the people that are drinking are somewhat more mature enough to drink.

Some people believe it should be lowered because at the age of 18, you are considered and adult and adults, should have the right to drink; but  honestly in my own opinion, 18 is still a child because you're either graduating from high school or just graduated!

 Also, most people now like to be "cool" and they think just because their music talks about drinking and using drugs they should as well! But that is plain STUPID!

For example, I was raised to be a leader NOT a follower, or in other words JUST BE MYSELF and not care what ANYONE thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment