Thursday, May 10, 2012

Group Work is Not Amazing


I mean for me personally I don’t like group work, especially when you don’t get to pick your partners. Group is just a waste of time. We all work at different speeds and when we need to work together it just usually doesn't work out.  Usually one of the partners just doesn't give the work their all. It always happens in mostly every group situation. 

The opposite of someone not doing the right amount of work is someone who takes over the whole project. That is my pet peeve! I hate it when someone thinks they are better than everyone else, and thinks they can do it all.When someone takes over project they usually don't care in their partner's opinions. It's no fair when someone has a good idea and it's not even used. Everyone should have an equal share.

Now the other horrible parts of group work is when someone doesn't do enough work. This had happened to me all through elementary school. Everyone drew the pictures and I was usually left with the writing. Usullaly when you pick your partners you should choose the right people that will want to pitch in. When you choose your best friends that can be a problem sometimes. When you're working with your friends you can get distracted. So, I recommend to choose friends that are going to work not talk.

Overall group projects are not my thing. They never will be either. I'm much better with working at my house by my self. I just get the work done quicker and it's down my way. The only good thing that comes out of group work is that you get to share ideas and that's it for me.

Photo By: Brande Jackson

If you want to learn more about the pros and cons of group work click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment