Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wow this is disturbing!

~ photo by: kellyhavens~


Coming from a family that loves to eat I find the
disease of bulimia very disturbing. I don't see why people make themselves believe that they are so fat that they need to get rid of the meal they just ate. Most of the people that suffer from eating disorders are also suffering depression. A lot of times girls see other girls on TV that are stick skinny and want to look like them because they are unhappy with their body.

They also care what people think of them and want to change to impress others. Bulimia not only is bad for you it is also hard to stop doing. Once you start to make yourself throw up after you eat it is hard to stop since you get in the habit of doing it. Over 8 million people in the world are bulimic. I find people who are bulimic very sad and depressing.

I have had a friend who had a bad image in her head of herself and started to stop eating. I would try to tell her how beautiful she was and how she didn't need to do that but she wouldn't listen. She told me not to tell her parents but I couldn't let her do this to herself. My friend and I told her parents and she was put into a treatment center for young adults. But it was hard to watch as my friend didn't eat and saw herself as ugly and fat. This is a sad and disturbing disease to have to go through.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad I hope your friend feels better. Good post:]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your friend gets better. Great post Amanda, BEST post so far. Keep of the good work :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Martin.
    I like your positive comments better than your negative comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank-you lady Amanda. I try my best...

    ReplyDelete