Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The End of Physical Books


What I find disturbing is that one day physical books will be gone. There are so many other ways to read books now. You can read them on your computer/laptop, kindles, nooks, ipads, and audio books. All that stuff is cool but, i love to get a new book and just to have it with me. I have a bookshelf filled with books and it sad to think in the future I won't be able to put anymore in it.
Nicholas Negroponte, founder of one laptop per Child said that most likely, "In five years there will be no more books."Are you kidding! It's so sad that most likely my children's children will probably not now what libraries, book stores , are or even seen an actual book. I feel so bad that all of the books and textbooks even newspapers will no longer be made.:{
A lot of jobs will be lost if there is no books. Libraries and people who worked in the libraries will end up losing their jobs. As well as the factories who make books. What will happen to book stores and all the people who work in them? Then what will happen to all those people who lose there jobs?
Keep on buying books please. Keep people's jobs. Physical books should live on forever. "You cannot open a book without learning something." Confucius. You can't do that with an e-book or audio book.
If you want to learn more about this subject click here.
Photo by: spykster

6 comments:

  1. Seriously...if all physical books go away...I am never reading again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right It'll be sad if they don't make anymore books.

      Delete
  2. Great post but I wouldn't mind if we got rid of the textbook. That's the one type of book I can live without.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor librarians. I'm so tired of technology. I think it is ruining peoples lives. All these high tech cell phones and ipods. I actually have a kindle but I hate it. I like holding the book in my hand and seeing what page im on. Kindles are stupid! Good post Hailey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good post Hailey! keep up the good work

      Delete
  4. Nice post Hailey! Martin books are the ONLY thing that NEVER go out of fashion! If people take away book then there would be nothing left in the world. I love the feel of paper in my hands and the smell of it too!

    Funny of me to say that because just today I got a really deep paper cut when I was folding construction paper:)

    ReplyDelete