Sunday, October 2, 2011

Litterbugs

``The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.``
Albert Einstein


Even Albert Einstein says the world is becoming a junk yard for human liter. Now I am not saying that everybody does it but most people do. For example someone will eat a pack of crackers and toss it on the sidewalk even though the trash is three feet away. They will just think it will be blown away by the wind ( and by the way its not that hard to walk three feet, so STOP being lazy). But where do you think it goes after it is blown away, not out of this world. That piece of trash can land anywhere. By the way littering can hurt wildlife.



So I asked my mom if we could walk around the neighborhood and pick up at least 20 pieces of trash on Saturday. So after coming home from church on Saturday, my mom, my brother and I were off to our mission. We found candy wrappers, straws, plastic cup (only 3) and some coke cans. I total we found 22 pieces of trash its still too much for a small area. So a helpful advice to keeping you community clean is well by recycling and if you see a piece of trash flying around pick it up an throw it away. It will not do you harm but help make this world a better place.

5 comments:

  1. That it so true Hazel!
    I loved this blog subject! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Hazel! It drives me crazy to see all the trash that people just toss on the ground at school, but all too often I don't do too much about it. I think you've just inspired me to pick up at five pieces of trash a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel you are so right I hate seeing trash on the floor. I really like how you put an example, and that you actually did pick up trash.I 100 percent agree with your post,good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Hazel! I agree our world is becoming a human trash can. I also personally see trash but i don't pick it up. I see it and walk away, when now that I think about it will harm us in the future. You have also inspired me to pick up trash when i see it. I'm not going to be lazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for commenting. I was really sad to find that much trash in such a little area. I mean if people throw away that much trash in such a little area just think how much trash there could be in this whole world.

    ReplyDelete