Wednesday, November 2, 2011

1940's Fashion

















I'm interested in a lot of things like acting,fashion,new york,etc. One thing that I'm interested in and don't now much about is 1940's clothing. For me when I picture 1940's clothing I think of long beautiful gowns.


I grew up watching lot of older movies during the time period of the 30's-80's but, i have to admit my favorite time period for fashion was the 40's so to begin my quest I searched 1940's fashion trends.

1940's fashion was very unique. Unfortunately World War 2 had been around the 40's so, they were very limited on there clothing. They could only wear a certain length,style, and could only wear a certain amount of material.




Even though they went through this tough time, they still had major fashion treads, the top trends of the 40's were nylon,hats,swing skirts, and plat form pumbs. Nylon is a material that was used for stockings in this time. Swing skirts were long skirts with different designs such as floral and they were big on using them for dancing.



The top fashion icons of this era was Rita Hayworth, Ingrid Berghaman, and my favorite Katharine Hepburn. You can find this info on 1940's fashion trends on http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-Ten-Fashion-Trends-From-the-1940s&id=1529787.

4 comments:

  1. 1940's fashion seems amazing and beautiful and I like how even though a war was going on they still dressed to impress. Now that's a true fashionista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love 1940's fashion too. Everything even their hair. I agree with Dejah they were true fashionistas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it really is they did an amazing job:] Thanks Dejah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post Hailey! I have always loved the old fashion! I wish it is still popular to wear stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete